Recycling for Sight Cymru
Do you have any of the following that you could recycle for Sight Cymru?
- CDs & DVDs
- Audio CDs
- Unwanted presents or gifts
- Ink-jet cartridges (not Epson)
- Laser cartridges
- Non-fiction books
- Jewellery – gold, silver, costume jewellery (including broken or damaged items)
- Clothes – good quality reusable
- Mobile Phones
We need your help: As well as recycling we also collect loose change and foreign coins. Do you know of any business that would be willing to have one of our collection tins?
About Sight Cymru
Sight Cymru (formerly Sight Support) is an independent Welsh charity. We were originally established in 1865 in Newport, South Wales, and our registered Head Office is in Pontypool. We pride ourselves on being the only entirely Welsh sight loss agency that provides services throughout Wales.
Our main aims are to:
- help people who have lost or are losing their sight
- prevent unnecessary sight loss
- help local authorities and local health boards to provide good rehabilitation services
- train professionals, carers, service users, friends and family
- Develop the eye-care sector throughout Wales
Our team of 17 staff and, very importantly, over 100 volunteers, all of whom are dedicated and well trained to help blind and partially sighted people, provide our support services.
The services we provide include:
- rehabilitation & mobility (helping someone get on with their lives by adjusting how they do things after losing their sight)
- information, advice and advocacy
- welfare rights assistance
- clubs and activities such as Gym Club
- aids, equipment and resources specially designed for independence training
If you know someone who is struggling with every day tasks such as seeing a clock face, or identifying a loved one by sight please encourage them to get in touch. If we can help them we will, but we can also help them get in touch with services available in their neighbourhood.
As a charity we need to raise in excess £100,000 each year to cover the cost of providing services in Wales so if you want support us please vist our 'Support Us' page to find out how.